23 Email Marketing Tips to Improve Click-Through Rates
Do you send out email newsletters to your customers? Do you know what your click-through rates are? Click-through rate (CTR) is a key metric used to measure the effectiveness of email newsletters. It represents the percentage of people who clicked on a link within an email compared to the total number of people who received the email. CTR is important for several reasons:
- Engagement: A higher CTR indicates that subscribers are engaging with the content of the email and finding it interesting and relevant. This can help build a stronger relationship with subscribers and increase the likelihood that they will continue to open and engage with future emails.
- Conversions: Clicks on links within an email can lead to conversions, such as making a purchase or signing up for a service. A higher CTR means more people are taking action as a result of the email, which can directly impact revenue and other key business metrics.
- List health: A low CTR can indicate that subscribers are not finding the email content relevant or interesting, which could lead to them unsubscribing or marking the email as spam. This can negatively impact the overall health of the email list and lead to decreased deliverability in the future.
Overall, a high CTR is a strong indicator that an email campaign is performing well and resonating with subscribers, which can lead to increased engagement, conversions, and long-term success.
You’ve probably Googled “best email marketing tips” so your emails don’t end up getting lost in a customer’s inbox — or worse, their spam folder. Here are 23 email marketing tips – compiled by Lindsay Kolowich Cox for Hubspot.com.
23 ways to improve your click-through rate
- Do not buy email addresses
- Abide by CAN-SPAM rules
- Ensure your opt-in process complies with GDPR
- Email new contacts within 24 hours
- Send your emails from a real person, not your company
- Pre-set the preview text
- Write clear and clickable subject lines
- Keep your emails concise
- Include one call-to-action button per email
- Add alt text to your CTA image
- Hyperlink your emails’ images
- Include noticeable text links.
- Place at least one clickable item above the fold
- Add alt text to all of your images
- Avoid background images
- Add social sharing buttons
- Simplify sharing with ready-made tweets
- Add an email forwarding option
- Clean up the plain text version of your emails
- Optimize your emails for mobile users
- Preview and test your emails before sending them
- Don’t be afraid to ‘clean up’ your contact list
- Monitor each email’s performance
To read the full article on HubSpot.com: Make Emails More Clickable